Thursday, March 25, 2010

Statistically Speaking

Here’s a slide from a lecture I recently attended.

Notice anything out of place… (Look at the date on the reference)

Corkindale, et al 1989

That’s statistics from 21 years ago!

I realize that not all statistics have a ‘use by date’. There are no lectures theatres where ageing statistics go to die. Well, there is the History faculty…

Even ‘old’ statistics in Business & Economics can serve a purpose. That said, trying to pass off 21 year old information as a modern trend is not right.

Lets Just Say That

I’ve potentially found the oldest statistic in a Monash Marketing lecture. I challenge anyone else to find better. (Seriously if you can send it in).

2 comments:

  1. I'll see your 21 years and raise you 71.
    http://interestatmaturity.wordpress.com/2010/06/21/guess-ill-have-to-apply-for-grad-jobs-as-lesley-chow/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll see your 21 years and raise you 71.

    http://interestatmaturity.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/plt1120.jpg

    ReplyDelete